We’re hiring for an Account Executive
4th February 2021
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our team. This is an entry-level position for someone keen to work in PR, media relations and marketing.
We run campaigns and craft ideas that help our clients secure media coverage. This means we’re looking for a candidate who is:
- A strong writer who can craft fluid and emotive prose
- Confident on the phone, engaging on email, and keen to develop client-facing skills
- Plugged into current affairs and what’s making the news – you’ll need to use this interest to understand what makes for a strong PR story
- Proactive and diligent – we need a forward-thinker who can work under their own steam, as well as collaborate effectively with colleagues
We’re a small team doing really interesting work, which means each team member takes on a lot of responsibility from day one. So this role would suit someone who is happy to jump right in and learn quickly.
The role will involve:
- Coming up with ideas and compelling press angles for our clients
- Drafting pitch emails and researching the right journalists to send your ideas to
- Drafting impactful press releases
- Writing opinion articles on behalf of clients
- Drafting website blogs
- Managing social media accounts
- Coming up with ideas and informing client strategies
Email the following to email@example.com. Please note that applications which don’t adhere to the below cover letter format won’t be considered:
- Your CV
- A cover letter no longer than 400 words addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to work in PR?
- Why do you think this role and this agency would be a good fit for you?
- What would you be most excited about doing in this role?
- Which types of clients or companies would you most like to work with?
- If you have any existing examples of your writing (e.g. blogs, articles, short stories, essays), please do attach or link to them in the email. This however is not essential, so please don’t draft something specially!
Deadline: 5pm on 19th February 2021
We look forward to hearing from you!